- This event has passed.
Nick Jones & Diana Cruz – Tango Workshops in NYC: June 9th-11th!
November 28 @ 11:13 am UTC-4
FRIDAY, JUNE 9th
8:30PM – 9:30 PM EMPIRE PRE-MILONGA CLASS: Ganchos from Locked Crosses
– Playing with timing and expectation, these contrasting movements can create wonderfully unexpected results.
SATURDAY, JUNE 10th
3:00PM – 4:15PM Rock & Roll Tango
– All Tango is Rock & Roll
4:30PM – 5:45PM Spiraling Positions in a Very Close Embrace
– Like String THeory, long tango steps can be twisted to fit into ridiculously small spaces
6PM – 7PM Tango Practica
SUNDAY, JUNE 11th
2PM – 3:15PM Change of Direction in Spinning Colgadas
– Done with sweeping dynamic or small and tight, these are some of the most challening and striking movements in Tango.
3:30PM – 4:45PM Fascinating Rhythm: Explanations of timing and tango rhythms with Live Bandoneon
– This class will sync an interesting sequence with specific musicality. Isolate the various rhythms in tango music so you can practice dancing to each one separately; then mix it up to train the ear and feet to catch quick musical changes. Don’t let that music pass you by!
To make a reservation for a workshop, class or private lesson please call or email us at the studio!
(212) 307-1111 / email@example.com